Westinghouse ElectronicsIntroduces First Line of Smart 4K UHD TVs with Amazon Fire TV Edition
New Line of Smart 4K Ultra HD TVs with Amazon’s Best-Selling Fire TV Experience Offer Access to Streaming Content, Music, Games and Over-the-air Programing
Las Vegas, January 3, 2017 — Westinghouse Electronics (www.westinghouseelectronics.com), one of the leading TV manufacturers in the U.S., today announced its new line of Smart 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. Featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for voice remote with Amazon Alexa, the new TV line simplifies TV viewing for customers by delivering a great selection of streaming and over-the-air content in one place. Customers can access more than 7,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills and over–the-air broadcasts when used with a separate HD antenna. An on-screen programming guide makes finding what to watch easy, and with the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can use their voice to launch apps, search content, play music, control smart home devices and more.
Westinghouse Electronics will showcase its new line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition at CES Unveiled on Jan. 3 at the Mandalay Bay convention center and at a private suite during CES, Jan. 5-8.
“With the evolution of smart TVs, the popularity of cord-cutting as well as streaming services to enhance consumer’s need for content continues to rise,” said Brett Hunt, vice president of sales and marketing, Westinghouse Electronics. “By incorporating Amazon Fire TV Edition into our 4K Ultra HDTVs, we are providing consumers with a great experience that offers access to numerous entertainment choices including streaming and live content all in an easy-to-use format. Plus, with the voice remote with Alexa, consumers can now search for content through voice commands right from their couch.”
Key Features Include:
- Sizes: 43”, 50”, 55” and 65”
- 4K Ultra HD 2160p resolution
- The latest Amazon Fire TV user interface, including easy access to over-the-air programming (separate HD antenna required) simple TV input setup and component switching
- Access to over 7,000 channels, apps and Alexa skills, and over 300,000 TV episodes and movies from Amazon Video™, HBO NOW™, Hulu™, and more.
- Amazon Prime customers get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. In addition, members can subscribe to more than 100 premium and specialty Amazon Channels like STARZ and Showtime with no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
- Through the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can search for content and programming, control TV inputs and settings, and access Alexa skills to play music, get the news, check weather, sports scores and more.
- Voice remote with Alexa supports smart home devices from multiple brands, including Belkin WeMo®, Philips Hue®, Wink®, Insteon®, Samsung SmartThings™, Nest®, TP-Link®, Ecobee® and more
- 3GB memory and 16GB internal storage
- Streaming resolution at 4K Ultra HD (2160p), 1080p, 720p up to 60fps
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity
- One-year limited warranty and 24/7 customer support
The Westinghouse 4K UHD Smart TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition will be available in Spring 2017 at authorized retailers nationwide. Pricing will be announced closer to ship date.
About Westinghouse Electronics
Westinghouse Electronics is one of the leading LED display manufacturers in the U.S. The company offers a complete suite of innovative LED displays for the consumer market, that deliver the latest digital content for the ultimate viewing experience. Westinghouse Electronics is shaping the future of entertainment technology with an awesome variety of advanced, yet affordable Smart 4K Ultra High-Definition and Full High-Definition displays that delight the senses. For more information, please visit westinghouseelectronics.com.
# # #