It’s an exciting time to be streaming on Westinghouse Roku TV! This Friday the 13th, be prepared to scream because The Roku Channel will be unleashing a whole new lineup of Roku Originals – 23 titles to be exact! The new lineup includes four never-before-seen shows and we can’t wait to introduce you to ‘Eye Candy,’ ‘Squeaky Clean,’ ‘Thanks a Million’ season two and ‘What Happens in Hollywood!’ Here’s a little bit on what you can expect from the new shows.
23 new Roku Originals will premiere on August 13
- ‘Eye Candy’ — Is it real or is it cake? Contestants face off to spot sweets in disguise amongst everyday objects. Winner tastes all!
- ‘Squeaky Clean’ — Leslie Jordan hosts a cleaning competition show pitting three cleaning-obsessed contestants against each other to win a cash prize. Resident cleaning and organization expert Sabrina Soto and celebrity guest judges join Jordan at the judge’s table.
- ‘Thanks a Million’ (Season 2) — Ten grateful celebrities each give away $100,000 to a person who has inspired them in a profound way by impacting their community. The catch: That person must give half away to someone they’re grateful to. Watch as the “pay-it-forward” chain unfolds.
- ‘What Happens in Hollywood’ — What Happens in Hollywood looks at how Hollywood has framed our ideas about sex and sexuality. With A-list interviews and compelling archive, Emmy-winning director Marina Zenovich looks at how sex and power interact at every stage of filmmaking.
But wait, there’s more! In total, 23 Roku Original shows will be available exclusively on The Roku Channel, including recent Emmy®-nominated show ‘Mapleworth Murders.’ Here’s a look at what more we have in store for you:
- ‘&Music’ — Music has many masters. Some play instruments. Others computers. Some balance audio levels. Others balance minds. But they all play a critical part in making the artform sing.
- ‘The Andy Cohen Diaries’ –– Is it possible to read another person’s thoughts? Mentalist Lior Suchard thinks so. And he’s about to stun celebrities and passersby alike with his mind-reading prowess.
- ‘Benedict Men’ — New season. Same goal. Coach Mark Taylor leads the St. Benedict’s boys basketball team as they strive to add another state championship to their legacy. Along the way, they uncover the true meaning of unity, selflessness, and hard work.
- ‘Elba vs. Block’ — Insane stunts, cars, and superstars. Idris Elba and Ken Block go head-to-head to see who’s the best behind the driver’s seat.
- ‘Fierce Queens’ — In this nature series, presented and narrated by Reese Witherspoon, we explore the remarkable females of the animal kingdom. From ants to cheetahs, these ladies call the shots in their world and sit at the top of the social hierarchy earning them the title “fierce queens”.
- ‘Floored’ — Two celebrity Guest Judges. Two competing dance crews. And one crazy, challenging dance floor. Liza Koshy hosts the wildest dance challenge out there, full of absurd perils you won’t believe.
- ‘Gone Mental with Lior’ — Is it possible to read another person’s thoughts? Mentalist Lior Suchard thinks so. And he’s about to stun celebrities and passersby alike with his mind-reading prowess.
- ‘Mapleworth Murders’ — Paula Pell stars in this hilarious whodunnit featuring a “who’s who” of guest suspects and victims. It all leads to a bigger question: why the hell are there so many murderers in one town?
- ‘Memory Hole’ — Will Arnett dives into the archives of pop culture revisiting trends, inventions and events that haven’t aged very well. Surprise celebrities crop up in this exploration of Canada’s best and brightest ideas from the recent past.
- ‘Nice One!’ — A game show of jovial joking. Ron Funches hosts comedians as they compete to compliment some pretty bad subjects. If they don’t have something nice to say, they can GTFO.
- ‘Nikki Fre$h’ — Nicole Richie spreads her message of environmental love through her new musical persona, “Nikki Fre$h,” a trap music artist who makes eco-conscious choices while dropping sick beats and performing in over-the-top music videos.
- ‘Run This City’ — This doc-series follows Jasiel Correia, the youngest mayor in Massachusetts history, who faces wire fraud and extortion prosecutions as he prepares for re-election in his hometown.
- ‘The Sauce’ — Who’s the best dance crew in the country? Viral dance sensations Ayo & Teo travel across America as teams battle head-to-head for a chance to take home $25,000.
- ‘Sex Next Door’ — Sex workers Holiday, Endza, Cayenne, and Jessie give clients intimate experiences ranging from the pleasurable to the painful. In the process, they give a deep dive into their personal lives.
- ‘Singled Out’ — Sassy singles. Daring DMs. Real deal breakers. Singled Out is back to help daters navigate the treacherous waters of dating in the digital age. Who will be stuck in the friend zone and who will be singled out?
- ‘Skrrt with Offset’ –– Offset is a big fan of cars. His garage has over 30 sports and luxury cars. This series follows him as he joins his celebrity friends—like Cardi B, Lil Yachty, and Jay Leno —exploring all things cars.
- ‘The Stranger’ — A rideshare driver is thrown into her worst nightmare when a mysterious passenger enters her car. Her terrifying, heart-stopping ride with the stranger unfolds over 12 hours as she navigates LA in a chilling game of cat and mouse.
- ‘Survive’ — Jane wants to end it all. Then a plane crash almost ends it for her. Now she’s crawling from the wreckage with Paul, the only other survivor, and a new drive to stay alive.
- ‘Wireless’ — Stranded on an isolated mountain road, Andy struggles for survival, his only lifeline is a rapidly draining phone
From exciting new alternative programming to suspenseful scripted shows, we’re so excited for you to enjoy our latest lineup of Roku Originals, featuring some of Hollywood’s biggest names. When you couple that with The Roku Channel extensive selection of more than 40,000 free movies and TV shows, it’s a winning combination.
You don’t have to wait until Friday for all the fun — be sure to catch up on all other Roku Originals. Don’t forget to save the date, grab some snacks, relax and enjoy the shows on August 13.
Article Credit: https://blog.roku.com/23-new-roku-originals-will-premiere-on-august-13