Benefits of Recycling
Environmental, economic and community benefits can be attained from recycling.
For the environment, recycling:
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators;
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals; and
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials.
For the economy, recycling:
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials; and
- Saves energy.
For communities, recycling:
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources; and
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States.
Westinghouse Electronics has partnered with ERI to provide responsible electronics recycling options. Please visit http://eridirect.com/consumer for information. – See https://hyundaitechnology.com/pages/responsible-recycling