Making streaming TV at home a little easier – Introducing Home Together
Our partner Roku is helping customers reach the news or entertainment needed most in our home these days, here’s how…
As most of us are spending time at home now, you may be wanting to watch the latest news, stream educational and family entertainment, or take a break with free movies and TV shows. To make streaming TV a little easier, we’re rolling out “Home Together,” an initiative focused on helping the nearly 100 million people in households with Roku devices find and watch the content that matters most right now.
Many streamers are turning to live news and local news, kids and family entertainment, at home fitness, educational and faith-based channels. In the coming weeks, we will focus on highlighting programming like this as we all spend extra time at home – look for it on your Roku devices in places like “Featured Free” and The Roku Channel, via email newsletters, and Roku social media.
We’ve also worked with more than 20 premium partners to offer 30 days of free viewing through extended trials within The Roku Channel including SHOWTIME, EPIX, FitFusion, and Smithsonian. Additionally, many other partners across the Roku platform are unlocking their channels or providing extended free trials to make entertainment even more accessible at this time. See a full list of partners below.
30-day free viewing (visit the Home Together – Special Offers row in The Roku Channel on your Roku device or on the web to redeem your extended free trials*):
- Noggin (60-day trial available starting 4/1/20)
- Lifetime Movie Club
- History Vault
- A&E Crime Central
- The Great Courses
- UP Faith & Family
- Shout! Factory
- Baeble Music
- MHz Choice
Unlocked channels, offers, and extended free trials (We’ll update this list periodically)
- CBS All-Access is offering an 30-day extended free trial
- FOX NOW has unlocked all past seasons of The Masked Singer and Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back
- Fox News is unlocking their live feed for all Roku customers
- WWE has unlocked a large portion of their on-demand library, including recent episodes of Monday Night Raw, Friday Night Smackdown, and more
- NBA League Pass is free through April 22; simply create an account on your Roku device to gain access
- Deezer, the popular music service, has extended their free trial period to three months
- NBC Sports Gold is offering free access to passes including PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Pro Motocross, INDYCAR, and more. To register, visit nbcsports.com/free.
- Listen to SiriusXM Premiere for free through May 15, including all music channels, news, and advice and wellness. Visit siriusxm.com to sign up.
- Frozen II is now available on Disney+, three months ahead of the initial release date
- A stacked lineup of movies are skipping traditional releases and coming straight to your Roku devices. Check out our list of 15 new movie releases coming straight to streaming.
- Check out how to watch live news, local news, or simply search “News Zone” on your Roku device to see all the options available to you.
- “Latest News” is a new menu item we’ve added on the Roku Home Screen that brings users to a curated zone consisting of top news channels for national, local, and financial information, as well as content from Coronavirus.gov. All in one, easy to find place. It will begin rolling out to customers starting today.
Kids and family entertainment
There are plenty of kids and family channels and educational options available on the Roku platform, including:
- Kids & Family on The Roku Channel – Makes it easy for children and parents to find a great selection of content available for free and through Premium Subscriptions available in one, easy-to-access destination. Free options currently streaming include Ryan’s World, Sesame Street, LeapFrog and much more.
- PBS KIDS (free) – Stream popular and educational PBS KIDS favorites like Curious George, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, and Arthur at no cost.
- HappyKids.tv (free) – Everything from nursery rhymes to shows for kids up to 10 years old, including Thomas & Friends, Pokémon, My Little Pony, Barbie and more.
- GoNoodle (free) – Make screen time active by keeping kids moving with yoga, mindfulness activities, and dance videos to favorites like Baby Shark and more.
- Disney+ ($6.99/month) – Your exclusive home for movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
- Boomerang ($4.99/month) – Over 4,000 cartoons are at your fingertips including Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, The Jetsons, and Tom and Jerry.
Free movies and TV shows
- The Roku Channel offers hundreds of free movies, TV shows, documentaries, live news and much more. Right now, we’re featuring a “Home Together” row, with free entertainment curated into categories like Essential Movies & TV, Kids Family & Fun, Couch Concerts, Comfort TV, and more.
- Can’t decide what to watch? Visit Featured Free on your Roku home screen or simply do a voice search for “free movies” or “free TV shows.”
In addition, check out more popular free channels available on your Roku devices:
- Pluto TV – Offers 250+ channels in a channel guide format that makes it easy to browse what you want to watch.
- Tubi – Watch thousands of hours of movies and TV shows for free, with no subscriptions or credit cards needed.
- STIRR – Free live local news, TV shows, viral videos and more.
- Crackle – Stream Hollywood movies, TV series and Crackle Originals for free.
Fitness channels on the Roku platform
- Our at-home workout guide lays out a number of options for you to take workout classes from home guided by professional instructors.
The latest movies and TV shows to stream
Still looking for something to watch? We’re frequently publishing articles here on the Roku blog to let you know the latest and greatest entertainment in the streaming world. Here’s a taste of what’s new:
- 18 must-stream TV show premieres in April
- The 11 most popular TV shows and how you can watch them
- New free movies on The Roku Channel (March)
- New on Netflix (April)
- New on Disney+ (April)
We hope Home Together makes things a little bit easier for you.
Take care and stay safe.
*Offers available for a limited time. Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel are monthly subscription purchases with a free trial available for select services. Valid payment method required. CANCEL BEFORE TRIAL END TO AVOID FEES. When trial ends, your subscription will automatically renew at the subscription rate until canceled. Subscriptions are non-refundable. Cancel via your Roku.com “My Account” page. New subscribers in US only. You can only view entertainment from your Premium Subscriptions on Roku devices, at TheRokuChannel.com, and on the Roku mobile app. Terms and Conditions apply: https://go.roku.com/therokuchanneltc. A temporary authorization hold for the subscription trial may appear on your payment method. Terms subject to change and may be modified or canceled at any time without notice. Void where prohibited.